Trades Specialist - Plumber
Job no: 496506
Work type: Full Time Permanent - Staff
Payscale: Band 5
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina is accepting applicants for a Plumber in the Machine Shop. This position will operate and perform minor repairs and preventative maintenance on campus sanitary sewer and lift stations, storm water collection and piping, water distribution systems and booster stations, plumbing fixtures and faucets, including irrigation and fire suppression systems. Works on steam distribution, piping, pressure reducing stations, heat exchangers, and ancillary equipment. knowledge of commercial and residential pumping a must. Performs duties as welder which include minor repairs, corrective maintenance and process fabrication requiring the application of welding and brazing related processes as well as quality assurance testing practices. This includes limited supervision of other trade skills that will be assisting in weld repairs, including responsibility for ensuring welding and personal safety. Required to maintain and operate specialized equipment. Will be required to attend safety meetings and participate fully in compliance with all organizational safety notices and instructions including, but not limited to OSHA, DHEC, and EPA safety requirements.
Must have a high school graduate or GED, graduate of a plumbing and mechanical apprenticeship program OR four(4) years of experience in mechanical plumbing trades field. Knowledge required in the following:
- Installation and maintenance of residential and commercial plumbing fixtures in compliance with state and local codes.
- Operations, maintenance and repair of mechanical fluid systems including piping, valves, pumps, and other system components.
- Must have a valid SC Driver's License.
- Work conditions subject to 24 hour callout after normal hours, on holidays and weekends including extreme weather and climatic conditions of humidity, heat, and cold.
- Must be capable of repetitively lifting objects weighing up to 50 pounds to waist height and transporting a distance of 10 feet and up to 75 pounds on occasion.
- Comfortable working off of roofs, scaffolds, ladders, and platforms, and in confined spaces.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Mus have normal color vision and full use of extremities and be capable of using different types of personal protective equipment (PPE); including but not limited to respiratory, hearing and eye/face protective equipment.
Knowledge required in the operation of desktop computers in the performance of record keeping and maintenance is desired.
Benefits of Working at The Citadel
- Extensive Health Plans
- Great Retirement Options
- Tuition Waiver Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Discounts
- Isle of Palms Beach Club
- Swain Family Boat Center
- Community Service Opportunities
- Read more about our benefits, on our HR website
About The Citadel College
The Citadel, also known as the Military College of South Carolina, is a public senior military college located in Charleston, South Carolina. Founded in 1842, The Citadel has a rich history and educational reputation. With our current location on the banks of the Ashley River in downtown Charleston, you are close to great restaurants, shopping and much more. Ranked #1 Public College in the South (U.S. News & World Report, 2022) for schools with up to a master’s degree, the opportunities are endless.
There are about 2,300 undergraduate students who make up the South Carolina Corps of Cadets. Out of the Corps of Cadets, 1 out of 3 graduates earn a military commission. Students can choose from 31 Majors, 57 Minors, pre-health professions, and pre-law (a concentration in political science). The 11:1 student-to-faculty ratio guarantees students a quality education. Another 1,000 students attend the Graduate College, evening and online programs.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend