Instructional Designer and Technologist II
Job no: 496505
Work type: Full Time Permanent - Staff
Categories: Office of the Provost
Salary: $80,000 - $85,000
Payscale: Band 7
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina is accepting applicants for an Instructional Designer and Technologist II in the Center for Excellence and Innovation in Teaching, Learning, and Distance Education (CEITL&DE). Under the CEITL&DE, the Instructional Designer and Technologist will collaborate with faculty and staff on the design of courses that meet high-quality standards and align with university guidelines; advocate for the adoption of effective teaching strategies to improve student learning outcomes; create and conduct professional development training sessions for faculty and staff to enhance their proficiency in utilizing instructional technology effectively; and assist with the administration of the learning management system (Canvas). This position is an in-person role and contributes to fostering a culture of innovation and teaching excellence across face-to-face, hybrid, and online learning environments.
Duties would include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with faculty to design, revise, implement, and assess teaching strategies across various formats— face-to-face, hybrid, and online learning environments.
- Offer guidance to faculty in creating equitable and accessible learning experiences in face-to-face, hybrid, and online settings.
- Develop and conduct workshops focusing on best practices in teaching, learning and instructional technology
- Assist faculty in effectively incorporating instructional technology into hybrid and online courses to enhance the student experience.
- Collaborate in the evaluation of technology to facilitate best practices in teaching and learning
- Maintains knowledge of the scholarship of teaching and learning (SOTL), current trends in education, instructional methods and theory, assessment techniques, instructional technology, universal design, and inclusive pedagogical strategies.
- Conduct reviews of online courses in adherence to Quality Matters Standards and best practices.
- Assists with the administration and maintenance of The Citadel’s learning management system, Canvas.
- Master's degree in Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Design, Educational Technology, Learning Technologies, or a closely related field.
- Five (5) years of experience and/or teaching or training in education, curriculum development, instructional design, instructional technology, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience in creating learning experiences for training and/or instructional purposes.
- Functional knowledge of Learning Management Systems (LMS) and learning platforms, along with e-learning tools.
- Demonstrated understanding of learning theory, instructional design, and the scholarship of teaching and learning
- Ability to collaborate effectively in cross-departmental teams and ensure the timely delivery of projects.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills enabling effective communication in support of staff, faculty, and students.
- Ability to efficiently prioritize and organize tasks, ensuring the successful completion of multiple concurrent projects within specified timelines.
- A doctoral degree is highly desirable.
- Staff development and/or teaching experience is preferred.
- Experience in designing courses in the Canvas Learning Management System is preferred.
- Experience in Quality Matters/ Applying the QM Rubric (APPQMR) by Quality Matters is preferred.
Benefits of Working at The Citadel
- Extensive Health Plans
- Great Retirement Options
- Tuition Waiver Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Discounts
- Isle of Palms Beach Club
- Swain Family Boat Center
- Community Service Opportunities
- Read more about our benefits, on our HR website
About The Citadel College
The Citadel, also known as the Military College of South Carolina, is a public senior military college located in Charleston, South Carolina. Founded in 1842, The Citadel has a rich history and educational reputation. With our current location on the banks of the Ashley River in downtown Charleston, you are close to great restaurants, shopping and much more. Ranked #1 Public College in the South (U.S. News & World Report, 2022) for schools with up to a master’s degree, the opportunities are endless.
There are about 2,300 undergraduate students who make up the South Carolina Corps of Cadets. Out of the Corps of Cadets, 1 out of 3 graduates earn a military commission. Students can choose from 31 Majors, 57 Minors, pre-health professions, and pre-law (a concentration in political science). The 11:1 student-to-faculty ratio guarantees students a quality education. Another 1,000 students attend the Graduate College, evening and online programs.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend