Job no: 496500
Work type: Full Time Permanent - Staff
Salary: $70,000 - $80,000
Payscale: Band 7
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina is accepting applicants for an Architect/Engineer/Project Manager for the Construction Management office. Under the limited supervision of the Director of Construction Management, this position is responsible for the following:
- Construction projects on campus including; major repair, renovation and modifications to existing structures in accordance with the established policies, rules and regulations of applicable state agencies.
- Prepares project justification and coordinate with campus administration, the Commission of Higher Education, Joint Bond Review Committee, State Fiscal Accountability Authority and the Office of the State Engineer.
- Accepts Architect-Engineer proposals and negotiates with selected A-E firms; architect-engineer services are procured in accordance with applicable regulations and actively administered.
- Provides preliminary cost estimates, works with accounting staff to secure funding for projects and maintain oversight of project accounts.
- Prepares and coordinates bidding documents and follows state bidding process.
- Ensures that quality construction is obtained in a timely manner and in accordance with plans and specifications; parties affected are kept informed of progress and are a part of the planning process.
- Reviews and approves change order negotiations; approves contractor pay requests; coordinates projects with local, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
- Makes timely construction inspections and ensures proper close-out of projects with state and college requirements, ensures as-built drawings and warranties are maintained/updated and reviews requirements and executes work to ensure a safe and secure campus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in architecture, engineering, construction management or a related discipline required.
- Progressive experience in related work
- Must be proficient in all components of planning & managing construction, renovations & maintenance projects. This includes cost estimating/monitoring; conceptual design; consultant/contractor coordination; bid document preparation/examination; construction administration; project closeout.
- Skilled in reviewing drawings, specifications and contracts.
- Position requires knowledge of current codes and regulations and the ability to learn and apply state procurement processes.
- Must be proficient in the use of a computer and basic application programs (MS Word, MS Excel, etc.).
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, professional and government officials. Professional certification or registration is a plus.
- Must be a self-starter and have ability to establish professional working relationships with customers, superiors, subordinates and associates.
A Master's Degree in architecture, engineering, construction management or a related discipline required with related work experience. South Carolina registered Architect or Professional Engineer is a plus. Experience with Higher Education is a plus. Knowledge of AutoCAD Architecture is a plus.
Benefits of Working at The Citadel
- Extensive Health Plans
- Great Retirement Options
- Tuition Waiver Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Discounts
- Isle of Palms Beach Club
- Swain Family Boat Center
- Community Service Opportunities
- Read more about our benefits, on our HR website
About The Citadel College
The Citadel, also known as the Military College of South Carolina, is a public senior military college located in Charleston, South Carolina. Founded in 1842, The Citadel has a rich history and educational reputation. With our current location on the banks of the Ashley River in downtown Charleston, you are close to great restaurants, shopping and much more. Ranked #1 Public College in the South (U.S. News & World Report, 2022) for schools with up to a master’s degree, the opportunities are endless.
There are about 2,300 undergraduate students who make up the South Carolina Corps of Cadets. Out of the Corps of Cadets, 1 out of 3 graduates earn a military commission. Students can choose from 31 Majors, 57 Minors, pre-health professions, and pre-law (a concentration in political science). The 11:1 student-to-faculty ratio guarantees students a quality education. Another 1,000 students attend the Graduate College, evening and online programs.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend