Job no: 496475
Work type: Full Time Temp (more than 28 hours, benefits eligible)
Categories: Operations, Retail/Sales/Customer Service, Finance and Business
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina is seeking a full-time hourly Postal Specialist at The Citadel Post Office.
- Extensive knowledge of Postal policies, procedures, rules, and regulations for processing and distributing mail.
- Superior Customer Service and sales skills to operate the Postal Retail Window.
- Ability to accurately maintain cash drawer and stamp stock.
- Ability to navigate and process packages through Package Tracking Systems and Software.
- Must be able to work efficiently and effectively in close quarters under stressful conditions.
- Ability to work closely with other employees in a pleasant, motivated, and fast paced environment.
The position requires a high energy level and commitment to working with college students, faculty, staff, and the community.
- A High School graduate and one year of Postal operations experience or any equivalent combination of education, training, or experience that would enable the incumbent to satisfactorily perform the job function.
- Ability to lift 70 lbs. intermittently.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with students, faculty, staff, and community.
- Excellent work ethic, reliability, organization, customer service, and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Demonstrated commitment to the organizational values of diversity, equity and inclusion
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend