Associate Director of Leadership and Innovation
Job no: 496468
Work type: Full Time Temp (more than 28 hours, benefits eligible)
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina invites applications for a Full-Time Hourly Temporary, Associate Director of Leadership & Innovation in the Krause Center for Leadership and Ethics. This role extends the mission of the Krause Center through several established program areas and the consideration of new programs developed through innovative and collaborative thinking. The focus is to advance the cadet model (four pillars: Character, Academic, Military, and Fitness) and the college’s core values of Honor, Duty, and Respect. The program also draws upon best practices in use by higher education, the military, and other academies.
With minimal supervision this position manages several student leadership programs and reports to the Executive Director of The Krause Center.
- Greater Issues Speaker Series. Serve as the primary coordinator for Greater Issues events conducted once or twice a semester. Coordinate speaker invitations and dates with key stakeholders.
- Leadership-on-Demand Podcast. Manage podcast production from start to finish, including guest selection, editing, sponsorship management as required, and distribution to national podcasting platforms.
- Leadership Day administrative activities. Oversee Leadership Day coordination, including: opening and closing ceremonies, Medal of Honor guest speaker coordination, alumni integration, learning management system, and South Carolina Corps of Cadets leadership.
- Leadership Day Advisory Council. Participate in monthly meetings to coordinate alumni integration on Leadership Day.
- Junior and Senior Leadership Integration Seminar. Manage approximately 50 host organizations, academic facilitators, and cadets-in-charge, and coordination with the Registrar’s Office for student placement by major or interest area. Manage assessments and grading these graduation requirements.
- Congressional Medal of Honor Society liaison.
- LEAD Scholar Coordinator. Serve as the staff advisor of the LEAD Scholar program, approximately 125 students per class to conduct at least one event per semester to build student cohesion. Work with LEAD cadet volunteers to support student-led initiatives.
- Member of the Leadership Development Council.
- Draft annual assessments in coordination with KCLE Staff and Institutional Research.
- Innovation. Research, present, and implement innovative concepts.
- Cadet Mentorship.
- Five years of direct leadership experience or teaching leadership in a military and/or business setting.
- Master’s degree
- Willingness and availability to work beyond normal business hours occasionally, which may include travel, conferences, and site visits.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management, and interpersonal skills with the ability to build, implement, direct, and evaluate programs.
- Background in business organization management, marketing, strategic thinking, and business development.
- Ph.D. in related academic discipline.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend