Administrative Support Specialist - Part Time
Job no: 496467
Work type: Grant employee, Part Time Temp (less than 28 hours)
Categories: Baker School of Business
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina, is excited to seek a part-time temporary, grant-funded Administrative Support Specialist for the Veterans Business Outreach Center (VBOC). This role will be based in Charleston, SC and will provide; outreach, administrative assistance, marketing, and clerical support for veterans, transitioning service members, their spouses and members of the National Guard looking to start or grow a small business. This position will work 15 hours per week at a rate of $25/hour in-person at the SC VBOC, The Tommy & Victoria Baker School of Business at The Citadel.
The Administrative Support Specialist’s responsibilities will include:
- Support the planning and coordination of the Small Business Administration’s Boots-2-Business curriculum.
- Developing effective marketing material to support veteran and veteran spouse entrepreneurship. Work the SC Veteran community to deepen the credibility and awareness of the services available to them.
- Track client service calls and perform limited client intake needs assessments in preparation for individual counseling sessions.
- Connecting clients with the VBOC Counselors/Trainers to provide resources and they need to be successful in the entrepreneurial journey.
- Serving as a backup to the VBOC team/personnel for relevant projects, engagements and VBOC coverage as needed.
A bachelor’s degree in a business-related field or a degree in education or an equivalent combination of education and job-related experience. The candidate must be based in the Charleston Area. Some travel in and around the Charleston area may be required, a valid driving license is required. This role is Charleston-based; the Administrative Support Specialist will report in person to The Citadel’s VBOC.
Status as a Veteran and/or Military Spouse. Previous experience with the suite of Microsoft Software and providing administrative and marketing support. An understanding of veterans/military spouse backgrounds and challenges faced during post-service transition. Excellent personal effectiveness and time management skills. Working knowledge of Spanish language: verbal, reading, and writing a plus.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend