Trades Specialist - Zone Maintenance
Job no: 496464
Work type: Full Time Permanent - Staff
Payscale: Band 5
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina is accepting applicants for a Trades Specialist positions in the Facilities & Engineering Department. This position is responsible for the following:
- Inspecting assigned buildings on a daily basis, looking for and noting immediate/future repairs and schedule all repairs in a timely fashion.
- Performs all repairs with a high degree of skill so that the end results meets or exceeds original designs is safe, functional and aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
- Repairs include but are not limited to; replacement of worn or damaged parts of mechanical, plumbing; electrical, carpentry, drywall and painting on all Citadels owned or leased properties and equipment.
- Must be able to maintain a small inventory and accountability of parts and materials used most frequently.
- Will maintain good communication with building coordinators and department representatives, will inform the supervisor of the current status of your assigned buildings and future maintenance problems that you may anticipate.
- A high school diploma or GED and four years’ experience in related trade areas (carpentry, plumbing, electrical repair and painting) or general building maintenance.
- Valid South Carolina driver’s license required.
- Must be skilled in a variety of hand and power tools. Must be customer oriented; be able to interface with various levels of personnel from trade’s workers to vice presidents.
- Must be able to work independently, understand written and oral instructions, must be able to clearly communicate orally and in writing.
- Must have full use of all extremities and be able to stoop, kneel, bend and work from ladders, scaffolding, roofs and multi structured buildings.
- Must have the ability to properly lift 50 pounds and carry a minimum of 25 feet.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and in areas that may be poorly ventilated. Work conditions may require working in adverse weather conditions and varying temperatures.
- Some overtime and weekend work will be required.
Benefits of Working at The Citadel
- Extensive Health Plans
- Great Retirement Options
- Tuition Waiver Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Discounts
- Isle of Palms Beach Club
- Swain Family Boat Center
- Community Service Opportunities
- Read more about our benefits, on our HR website
About The Citadel College
The Citadel, also known as the Military College of South Carolina, is a public senior military college located in Charleston, South Carolina. Founded in 1842, The Citadel has a rich history and educational reputation. With our current location on the banks of the Ashley River in downtown Charleston, you are close to great restaurants, shopping and much more. Ranked #1 Public College in the South (U.S. News & World Report, 2022) for schools with up to a master’s degree, the opportunities are endless.
There are about 2,300 undergraduate students who make up the South Carolina Corps of Cadets. Out of the Corps of Cadets, 1 out of 3 graduates earn a military commission. Students can choose from 31 Majors, 57 Minors, pre-health professions, and pre-law (a concentration in political science). The 11:1 student-to-faculty ratio guarantees students a quality education. Another 1,000 students attend the Graduate College, evening and online programs.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend