Assistant Registrar for Academic Records
Job no: 496440
Work type: Full Time Permanent - Staff
Categories: Student Affairs
Payscale: Band 6
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina, is accepting applicants for Assistant Registrar for Academic Records in the Registrar’s Office. Under the supervision of the Associate Registrar, this position is responsible for providing support and for meeting the needs of the Registrar, office staff, Deans, Department Heads, faculty, students and visitors to the College. The position collaborates and works closely with Admissions, ITS, the Treasurer’s Office, Financial Aid and academic departments along with various other departments throughout campus.
- Manages and maintains student academic records to include but not limited to course substitutions, change of grades, course repeats, non-course degree requirements and other pertinent items.
- Manages the collection, processing and posting of grades including outreach and communication to schools, departments, and faculty.
- Manages the prerequisite check process, dropping of students who have not met the course prerequisites, and notifies students who are dropped.
- Manages the Academic Standing and the Academic Discharges process making notifications to students who have not met criteria for continuance and working with the Associate Provost for Academic Affairs to make final notifications of discharge.
- Supervises the Transfer Credit Coordinator, review process, and subsequent decisions to ensure decisions are made in compliance with current policies and procedures.
- Build, publish and provide reports and utilize various data extraction tools to support the colleges mission (i.e. Cognos, Ellucian Banner, Degree Works, SQL.) to include the development and distribution of Gold Stars and Dean’s List.
- Manages the Placement Exam process, making sure to coordinate with the student to make sure they are in the correct course.
- Oversees the Leadership Transcript
- Responsible for reconciling the P-Card for the Registrar’s Office.
- Responds to inquiries from students, faculty, and others concerning enrollment and process related information by referring to appropriate policies, procedures, and regulations. May also respond to the Registrar’s email account.
- Other tasks as directed.
Bachelor's degree required. Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential. Working knowledge of registration procedures and an understanding of computer principles and procedures. Must have ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, parents, faculty, staff, and the general public. Ability to provide supportive counseling for a wide range of student issues and concerns.
Benefits of Working at The Citadel
- Extensive Health Plans
- Great Retirement Options
- Tuition Waiver Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Discounts
- Isle of Palms Beach Club
- Swain Family Boat Center
- Community Service Opportunities
- Read more about our benefits, on our HR website
About The Citadel College
The Citadel, also known as the Military College of South Carolina, is a public senior military college located in Charleston, South Carolina. Founded in 1842, The Citadel has a rich history and educational reputation. With our current location on the banks of the Ashley River in downtown Charleston, you are close to great restaurants, shopping and much more. Ranked #1 Public College in the South (U.S. News & World Report, 2022) for schools with up to a master’s degree, the opportunities are endless.
There are about 2,300 undergraduate students who make up the South Carolina Corps of Cadets. Out of the Corps of Cadets, 1 out of 3 graduates earn a military commission. Students can choose from 31 Majors, 57 Minors, pre-health professions, and pre-law (a concentration in political science). The 11:1 student-to-faculty ratio guarantees students a quality education. Another 1,000 students attend the Graduate College, evening and online programs.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend