Associate Provost for Enrollment Management
Job no: 496436
Work type: Full Time Permanent - Faculty, Full Time Permanent - Staff
Categories: Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, Office of the Provost
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina, invites applications for an Associate Provost of Enrollment Management. This position serves as the chief enrollment officer and is responsible for leading a cross-institutional team to deliver faculty support and academic program development, comprehensive enrollment management, best practices in recruitment, admissions, data modeling and analysis, veterans services, and financial aid optimization.
The Citadel is seeking an innovative and collaborative enrollment leader who has demonstrated success in strategic planning, data-driven decision-making, collaboration across campus with senior leaders and faculty.
- Leads five departments; Office of Cadet Admissions, Office of Citadel Graduate College Admissions, Office of Financial Aid, Parent Programs, and Veteran’s Student Success Center.
- Manages all aspects of admissions and financial aid operations and is responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing the execution of a multi-year comprehensive strategic enrollment plan with appropriate goals that include strategies to recruit and enroll traditional undergraduate, returning adult, graduate, online, Veteran, Active Duty, and continuing education students.
- Develops collaborative relationships with other leaders, faculty, staff, students, and cadets to ensure integration of operational and strategic enrollment management initiatives across campus.
- Actively participates in strategic planning activities that guide institution-wide conversations and plans that encompass organizational structure, policy, and process as they relate to recruitment and retention.
- Adheres to National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and SoCon rules as communicated by the Associate Director of Athletics, Compliance related to dealings with student-athletes and/or Athletics Department personnel and reports any concerns or possible violations of those guidelines.
- Participates as a member of the senior administration by serving on various councils and committees and serves as a liaison to various internal and external groups including SC CHE, as assigned.
- Represents the voice of the student across the institution; support the creation and implementation of student services in support of student success (graduate students, undergraduates, Veterans/Active Duty)
- Develops annual admissions and financial aid forecasts, predictive models and budgets.
- Partners with the Office of Communications and Marketing on an integrated marketing and communication enrollment plan, using data-based decisions to adjust messaging.
- Monitors and assesses data to evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment efforts, scholarship programs, and marketing in enhancing yield with potential students.
- Extensive background in strategic, data-driven recruitment and enrollment management practices to include the ability to organize and present data necessary for effective decision making.
- Master’s degree with extensive number of years worked in enrollment management that reflects increasing responsibility.
- Knowledge of CRM and other admissions technology platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated strong commitment to delivering excellent students and other constituency services.
- Ability to successfully lead and manage enrollment units that are student-focused and results-oriented.
- Progressive experience collaborating with marketing and leveraging financial aid.
- Proven skills in relationship building and working collaboratively within and across units.
- Competitive drive to achieve enrollment goals and work toward continuous improvement.
- Ability to manage budgets and leverage resources wisely.
- Good judgement.
- Have a strong commitment to The Citadel’s mission and status as one of six Senior Military Colleges in the United States.
- Seven years of enrollment management experience with progressive position responsibilities.
- Ability to prioritize and to be agile when managing competing priorities.
- Experience with leveraging ROTC scholarship opportunities to build a more robust and diverse class.
Benefits of Working at The Citadel
- Extensive Health Plans
- Great Retirement Options
- Tuition Waiver Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Discounts
- Isle of Palms Beach Club
- Swain Family Boat Center
- Community Service Opportunities
- Read more about our benefits, on our HR website
About The Citadel College
The Citadel, also known as the Military College of South Carolina, is a public senior military college located in Charleston, South Carolina. Founded in 1842, The Citadel has a rich history and educational reputation. With our current location on the banks of the Ashley River in downtown Charleston, you are close to great restaurants, shopping and much more. Ranked #1 Public College in the South (U.S. News & World Report, 2022) for schools with up to a master’s degree, the opportunities are endless.
There are about 2,300 undergraduate students who make up the South Carolina Corps of Cadets. Out of the Corps of Cadets, 1 out of 3 graduates earn a military commission. Students can choose from 31 Majors, 57 Minors, pre-health professions, and pre-law (a concentration in political science). The 11:1 student-to-faculty ratio guarantees students a quality education. Another 1,000 students attend the Graduate College, evening and online programs.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend