Post Office & Warehouse Associate
Job no: 496431
Work type: Full Time Temp (more than 28 hours, benefits eligible)
Categories: Operations, Retail/Sales/Customer Service
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina is seeking a full-time temporary Post Office and Warehouse Associate. The position requires a high energy level and commitment to working with college students, faculty, staff, and the community.
- Mail distribution, collection, and delivery.
- Ability to navigate and process packages through Package Tracking Systems and Software.
- Must be able to work efficiently and effectively in close quarters under stressful conditions.
- Ability to work closely with other employees in a pleasant, motivated, and fast paced environment.
- Receive and process incoming shipments at the Central Supply Warehouse
- Fulfill paper product orders for Campus distribution
- Process and maintain proper storage for Cadet items
- Collection of all State Surplus items including furniture
- A High School graduate and one year of Postal operations and/or Warehouse experience or any equivalent combination of education, training, or experience that would enable the incumbent to satisfactorily perform the job function.
- Ability to lift 70 lbs. intermittently.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with students, faculty, staff, and community.
- Excellent work ethic and reliability
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Demonstrated commitment to the organizational values of diversity, equity and inclusion
About The Citadel College
The Citadel, also known as the Military College of South Carolina, is a public senior military college located in Charleston, South Carolina. Founded in 1842, The Citadel has a rich history and educational reputation. With our current location on the banks of the Ashley River in downtown Charleston, you are close to great restaurants, shopping and much more. Ranked #1 Public College in the South (U.S. News & World Report, 2022) for schools with up to a master’s degree, the opportunities are endless.
There are about 2,300 undergraduate students who make up the South Carolina Corps of Cadets. Out of the Corps of Cadets, 1 out of 3 graduates earn a military commission. Students can choose from 31 Majors, 57 Minors, pre-health professions, and pre-law (a concentration in political science). The 11:1 student-to-faculty ratio guarantees students a quality education. Another 1,000 students attend the Graduate College, evening and online programs.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend