Coordinator for Student and Customer Care/Refunds
Job no: 496385
Work type: Full Time Permanent - Staff
Categories: Finance and Business
Salary: $45,000 - $50,000
Payscale: Band 5
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina is seeking a Student Business Services Coordinator in the Treasurer’s Office. Under limited supervision, this role will manage student installment payment plans, and collection efforts. Other duties this role is responsible for are as follows:
- Maintains receivable records and communicates student billing.
- Works with the Financial Accounting office to review, analyze and assist in the processing of the student credit balances for Unclaimed Property to ensure compliance with Federal and state regulations and guidelines.
- Reviews and determines eligible refunds from the disbursement of financial assistance, deposit refunds and QM/One Card Closeout refunds.
- Reviews and analyzes student account records and verifies credit balances from financial aid funds to ensure timely and accurate distribution and delivery and compliance of federal regulations.
- Process, tracks, and maintains records of refund payments to students and parents to ensure account accuracy and proper record retention in compliance with federal regulations.
- Evaluates accounts to respond and counsel students on the disbursement and timely return of student loans to ensure compliance with federal regulations
Must have a Bachelor’s degree OR an Associate’s degree with two(2) years’ experience in bookkeeping/ accounting OR if you have four(4) or more years of experience in bookkeeping/account the degree is not needed. Working knowledge of accounting principles and practices. Ability to understand and apply established rules and regulations to the maintenance of financial records. Must be proficient in Microsoft office programs.
Benefits of Working at The Citadel
- Extensive Health Plans
- Great Retirement Options
- Tuition Waiver Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Discounts
- Isle of Palms Beach Club
- Swain Family Boat Center
- Community Service Opportunities
- Read more about our benefits, on our HR website
About The Citadel College
The Citadel, also known as the Military College of South Carolina, is a public senior military college located in Charleston, South Carolina. Founded in 1842, The Citadel has a rich history and educational reputation. With our current location on the banks of the Ashley River in downtown Charleston, you are close to great restaurants, shopping and much more. Ranked #1 Public College in the South (U.S. News & World Report, 2022) for schools with up to a master’s degree, the opportunities are endless.
There are about 2,300 undergraduate students who make up the South Carolina Corps of Cadets. Out of the Corps of Cadets, 1 out of 3 graduates earn a military commission. Students can choose from 31 Majors, 57 Minors, pre-health professions, and pre-law (a concentration in political science). The 11:1 student-to-faculty ratio guarantees students a quality education. Another 1,000 students attend the Graduate College, evening and online programs.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend