Cashier - Treasurer's Office
Job no: 496384
Work type: Full Time Permanent - Staff
Categories: Finance and Business
Salary: $31,500 - $35,000
Payscale: Band 3
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina is seeking a Cashier in the Treasurer’s Office. This role is primary responsible for the day-to-day interactions with customers/visitors and phone calls that come into the Treasurer’s office. Other duties include:
- Manages student installment payment plan, and collection efforts.
- Maintain receivable records and communicate student billing.
- Assisting students with admissions, financial aid, cashiering, and registration activities using the one-stop model.
- Handles student inquiries on a one-on-one basis.
- Works with the Financial Accounting office to review, analyze and assist in the processing of the student credit balances for Unclaimed Property to ensure compliance with Federal and state regulations and guidelines.
Must have a minimum of 3+ years' experience of customer service-related activities in a professional setting. High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Proficient in MS Office software. Capability to maintain the strictest confidentiality. Excellent communication skills. Good problem-solving, research, and public relations skills. Strong attention to detail.
Experience in a higher education setting is preferred. Associate degree is preferred. Experience with a Student Information Systems (Ellucian, Transact, Oracle, TouchNet).
Benefits of Working at The Citadel
- Extensive Health Plans
- Great Retirement Options
- Tuition Waiver Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Discounts
- Isle of Palms Beach Club
- Swain Family Boat Center
- Community Service Opportunities
- Read more about our benefits, on our HR website
About The Citadel College
The Citadel, also known as the Military College of South Carolina, is a public senior military college located in Charleston, South Carolina. Founded in 1842, The Citadel has a rich history and educational reputation. With our current location on the banks of the Ashley River in downtown Charleston, you are close to great restaurants, shopping and much more. Ranked #1 Public College in the South (U.S. News & World Report, 2022) for schools with up to a master’s degree, the opportunities are endless.
There are about 2,300 undergraduate students who make up the South Carolina Corps of Cadets. Out of the Corps of Cadets, 1 out of 3 graduates earn a military commission. Students can choose from 31 Majors, 57 Minors, pre-health professions, and pre-law (a concentration in political science). The 11:1 student-to-faculty ratio guarantees students a quality education. Another 1,000 students attend the Graduate College, evening and online programs.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend