Assistant Athletic Communications Director
Job no: 496372
Work type: Full Time Permanent - Staff
Categories: Athletics, Communications/Marketing
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina is seeking an Assistant Athletics Communication Director in the Athletics Department.
- Assist the Director for Athletic Communications with day-to-day office leadership to ensure all communications responsibilities are being performance and completed to the highest standards.
- Serve as the primary liaison to the media and ensure the timely dissemination of accurate information, including news releases, event results and statistics for multiple programs, including men’s basketball.
- Develop and implement social media strategies for The Citadel Athletics social media accounts, including day-to-day management of all accounts.
- Write and edit new releases, game notes and feature releases.
- Assist in conceptualization and creation for graphic content for designated sports and athletic department needs.
- Work with appropriate coaches and professional support staff to conceptualize, design, produce and distribute print, electronic and video materials such as record books, game programs and email updates.
- Collaborate with the external operations team to conceptualize, create and distribute strategic and cutting-edge content.
- Be responsible for timely reporting of records and statistics to appropriate service bureaus and CitadelSports.com.
- Manage strategic informational, marketing and promotional efforts with coaches, administrators, external operations team members and campus constituents.
- Provide digital media support, including social media, video and digital asset management.
- Maintain and update history and record books, as well as rosters, statistics and photo archives on CitadelSports.com.
- Be required to attend games and events, and work extended hours, including occasional nights, weekends and holidays. Travel in order to perform assigned job functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in appropriate area of specialization and (2)two years’ experience in a collegiate or professional sports setting. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign and Photoshop. Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge and experience in management of athletic web pages, as well as with NCAA statistical data and reporting systems, including NCAA Live Stats. Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply NCAA and Division rules and regulations. Willingness to work nights and weekends to support athletics schedules. Travel when necessary.
Social media and graphic design experience preferred.
Benefits of Working at The Citadel
- Extensive Health Plans
- Great Retirement Options
- Tuition Waiver Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Discounts
- Isle of Palms Beach Club
- Swain Family Boat Center
- Community Service Opportunities
- Read more about our benefits, on our HR website
About The Citadel College
The Citadel, also known as the Military College of South Carolina, is a public senior military college located in Charleston, South Carolina. Founded in 1842, The Citadel has a rich history and educational reputation. With our current location on the banks of the Ashley River in downtown Charleston, you are close to great restaurants, shopping and much more. Ranked #1 Public College in the South (U.S. News & World Report, 2022) for schools with up to a master’s degree, the opportunities are endless.
There are about 2,300 undergraduate students who make up the South Carolina Corps of Cadets. Out of the Corps of Cadets, 1 out of 3 graduates earn a military commission. Students can choose from 31 Majors, 57 Minors, pre-health professions, and pre-law (a concentration in political science). The 11:1 student-to-faculty ratio guarantees students a quality education. Another 1,000 students attend the Graduate College, evening and online programs.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend